Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Connecticut River Valley in Southern Vermont and New Hampshire: Historical Sketches

I found a delightful book entitled The Connecticut River Valley in Southern Vermont and New Hampshire: Historical Sketches and have started transcribing it on my main site Family Findings under the History section.

The book was written by Lyman S. Hayes and published in 1929. It's a great resource for people researching the Rockingham, Vermont and Charlestown, New Hampshire area. It's not genealogies, but there are lots of fun topics on the area covered and some names mentioned. Consider it an easy to read compilation of historical essays on the area.

I've thoroughly been enjoying reading the book as I prepare it for free online access to you all on my website. There will be a new article pretty much every other day until the book is all posted. I think it will be worth your visit!

No comments: