Monday, September 22, 2008

FTM 2009

I thought I'd give an update to the FTM 2009 free upgrade situation. The afternoon of my last post, I received an email from The Generations Network apologizing about the situation. They said that their store was overwhelmed and that they'd have it resolved in a few days, at which time they'd issue a new coupon.

A few days later, I did receive the email with a new coupon. It had a link and said that I had to order through it. When I clicked on the link, it said that I had to wait over 2 hours for my time in the store. I promptly went directly to the store in another browser window, ordered the upgrade and the coupon worked. I'm so glad that I didn't sit there and wait.

I was very pleased that they even gave free shipping. The free upgrade was absolutely free! I didn't expect that.

Although there were so many problems getting my order in, the upgrade was shipped very fast. I had expected to wait a month or so, but I received it last Thursday. I've got it all installed and it recognized the database that I had pulled into FTM 2008. I can't speak on features since I use Legacy instead of FTM now but will probably fool with it sometime.

I have to say that the Generations Network faltered but did deliver (at least the physical product, not sure on the promises that they gave with the software). Thank you Generations Network.

No comments: